It has definitely been a while since we've had a chance to update this blog of ours. In our defense, we shall make a pathetic excuse, like, ummm...uh, it was a busy month...
Anyhow, where did we leave off? Ah, yes! End of April. Ammon had a birthday. The head of this household is now 23 years old - yes, plenty of good years left. Still, it was necessary to celebrate. Especially since his birthday was on a Thursday - his day off of work and a day when I just happened to have only ONE early class.
So he started the day off with presents. All on paper too.
He got his card in the mail from Grandma and Grandpa Hatch. No better way to start off a birthday than with the love of some stupendous grandparents! (The number says 23, in case you were wondering)
His wife got him a couple of tickets to a baseball game later this summer.
His in-laws got him a gift certificate to an awesome Laramie restaurant called "Altitude Chophouse & Brewery." 
They make their own root beer and cream soda - oh yes, that is good stuff.
And their food is DELICIOUS also. 

Thank you Mom and Dad for that wonderful meal. Mmmm. Still tastes good.
Anyhow, where did we leave off? Ah, yes! End of April. Ammon had a birthday. The head of this household is now 23 years old - yes, plenty of good years left. Still, it was necessary to celebrate. Especially since his birthday was on a Thursday - his day off of work and a day when I just happened to have only ONE early class.
So he started the day off with presents. All on paper too.
Thank you Mom and Dad for that wonderful meal. Mmmm. Still tastes good.
The rest of the day involved a job interview (successful, even though we ended up going with a different job), movies Redbox style, and breaking into our own linen closet - because the Easter Bunny locked us out of it.
What did Ammon's family do for his birthday you ask? Well, that's what Ammon asked too. And we all made him wait. And we shall make you wait as well. Hahaha.
A few days later I presented my Senior Honor's Project. Finally. SOOOOO glad that is over and complete.
Over the course of the next week I took finals. Worked on final projects. Picked up the cap and gown...
I graduated.
B.A. in communication. Minor in marketing. Emphasis in public relations. All done in conjunction with the honors program.

Boy oh boy THAT was an exciting thing for me. I LOVED college. And I was very lucky to have several of my favorite people at my graduation - husband, parents, Grandma and Grandpa Lords, and Aunt Tammy and Uncle Patrick. They were kind enough to sit through THREE hours of commencement. Ick. So thankful they were all there though.
And now I'm entering the scary grown-up world. Yikes.
And I'm answering the big question - What are you going to do next?
--Hopefully I can land a job doing PR and marketing for some great organization. However, as soon as I figure out officially what I'm doing next in life, I'll let you all know. :)
Next up -we moved. Officially. And likely forever. Bye-bye Wyoming and Colorado, Hello Arizona. I think we would have been a lot more sentimental and sad about the whole moving thing if Wyoming hadn't SNOWED on us as we were packing and leaving. So we left without looking back. Or taking pictures.
Needless to say, Ammon was more than a little excited to return to his native desert land.
There are many reasons for his enthusiasm. One might be that this piano was waiting for him...
Still another reason for his enthusiasm was probably the anticipation over his mystery birthday present.
After almost a month of waiting to see what we all had up our sleeves, Ammon was thrilled to open up a....dust buster. MWAHAHAHAHA. Good one Belle. That'll teach him to snoop around and pry information out of others.
Fortunately, the dust buster could be exchanged for nothing less than a Wii! Belle and Kent found an awesome deal on a great Wii - and with the contribution and love of several family members, yet another one of Ammon's big-ticket items is his to keep. Thank you to EVERYONE who made that moment possible. Spoiled boy this year (mind you he got the guitar and the piano too). 
"Wii" are very happy now. We're having adventures all over the place - spending time with family and friends, dreaming about our future, plotting out our place in this world.
No comments:
Post a Comment