Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Week of Love

Well, with the passing of February was the passing of the second annual Week of Love! (And with April almost gone I figured it's time to post about it!) For those unaware, my dear husband took note that my birthday falls precisely one week ahead of Valentine's Day. Thus, he plans something special for every day of the week and we call it the Week of Love.
This year was just as wonderful as last year (which you can read about here) and was what Ammon called "The Pregnant Edition." The week proceeded as follows:

Day 1: Tuesday, February 7 (My birthday!)

The day started early - Ammon got up before his early morning class and baked me a cake. Yes, I got cake in bed. Be jealous.
Furthermore, I got to follow a clever little scavenger hunt to find my gift - which I did not find until I got home from work. What can I say? - His hiding place was good! As was his gift. I LOVE this movie (Princess and the Frog) --which also happens to be the first movie we saw together in theatres. Day 2: Wednesday, February 8 - The Zoo!
I got my letter in the morning, read my clues for the days events and awaited the return of my husband (who had school that morning, but no work). Upon his return, we took off!



I was soooooo excited! We've been talking about going to the zoo for AGES and we finally got to go. And though it was an exhausting activity for very pregnant me, it was a blast. We definitely enjoyed ourselves....










Day 3: Thursday, February 9: Fondue!
It must be said that my husband did especially well with the Week of Love this year as he is doing both school and work full time. He came up with the best ideas that could be fit in even in the smallest moments together - like this one, fondue!
He even bought fake beer to go in a recipe he looked up to imitate The Melting Pot's recipe!




Day 4: Friday, February 10: Pedicure for Brelynn!

Ummm...can you say heaven? I mean, I'm always up for a good pedicure, but when you're weighing waaaayyy more than you usually do, well, your feet especially appreciate the extra attention.


Little pink flowers from the nail lady - for the little girl in my belly!


Day 5: Saturday, February 11: Mormon Tabernacle Choir

So, my dear sweet husband had other plans for this night (equally as awesome) but as luck would have it, my uncle had some SWEET suite tickets to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir performance that was in town. So we jumped on this opportunity and were very VERY grateful to Uncle Norm and Aunt Connie for inviting us along. It was incredible!







Day 6: Sunday, February 12: A day of rest - it's Sunday!

Day 7: Monday, February 13: Disney's Scene It
Best game ever. What is particularly great about this game is that you don't even have to play to enjoy it. By the time we were both home this night, we were so exhausted that we just put in the party play dvd, sat together, and watched it loop through different trivia. Still a great date! Maybe even better than playing.

Day 8: Tuesday, February 14: Valentine's Day
This is maybe the greatest day of the Week of Love because we BOTH contribute. So the day started off with breakfast (a novelty in our lives currently). Fried eggs, yummy sausage courtesy of my dad's mad hunting skills, french toast with strawberries and whipped cream, and orange juice.

Ammon also got an awesome lunch full of some of his favorites (Panda Express, nutter butter bars, Dr Pepper) as well as some cheesy love notes from his wifey.

When we got home from work we did the gift exchange. Even though I don't look so happy in this picture, trust me I am! Ammon got me my favorite perfume (Daisy by Marc Jacobs) - which is wonderful as I'm down to merely drops in my last bottle.


Ammon got a thank you note...

...a chocolate peanut butter treat and tickets...

...to the Sun's game the following week.


All in all, it was yet another week of awesomeness. Every couple should have a week of love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment