I had that dreadful moment last week: the jeans won't zip up. Ugh. Somehow, somewhere along the way I stopped trying so hard to get my pre-baby body back. And now I'm back to square one. Well, maybe not square one exactly, but I have work to do.
That is okay.
On Day 2 of my renewed commitment to healthiness, I set out to exercise right after Ammon left for work and *hopefully* before the baby woke up. About halfway through my workout, I paused to open the window to get a little cool air flowing into the room. And what did I see out the window? Right across the street?
A FREE dresser! I don't know about at your house, but at my house we LOVE "free!" It's our favorite price to pay!
So I pivoted/slid/pushed/pulled that bad-boy across the street by myself.
And now it's sitting in my garage, just waiting for a second manly-man to make his way to my house so that he and my one and only manly-man can heft it upstairs to our room.
See...you get rewarded for keeping your commitments to yourself. And sometimes the rewards are different than you expect but also SOONER than you expect. Ya-hoooooooo!
And I even gave an extra gift to myself - I finished my workout despite being tired, sweaty, and out of breath from bringing my dresser home.
We're off to a good start.
That is okay.
On Day 2 of my renewed commitment to healthiness, I set out to exercise right after Ammon left for work and *hopefully* before the baby woke up. About halfway through my workout, I paused to open the window to get a little cool air flowing into the room. And what did I see out the window? Right across the street?
A FREE dresser! I don't know about at your house, but at my house we LOVE "free!" It's our favorite price to pay!
So I pivoted/slid/pushed/pulled that bad-boy across the street by myself.
And now it's sitting in my garage, just waiting for a second manly-man to make his way to my house so that he and my one and only manly-man can heft it upstairs to our room.
See...you get rewarded for keeping your commitments to yourself. And sometimes the rewards are different than you expect but also SOONER than you expect. Ya-hoooooooo!
And I even gave an extra gift to myself - I finished my workout despite being tired, sweaty, and out of breath from bringing my dresser home.
We're off to a good start.

Way to GO BRE!!! We like FREE too (it's JT's favorite color...odd, but true). Good for YOU for snatching it up! And GOOD FOR YOU for exercising!!! (you're my inspiration. *sigh)
ReplyDeleteThat is seriously the greatest thing I have ever read!!! The mental picture alone of you man-handling that thing across the street just made my entire week! HAHAHAHA! :D *sigh* I love my sister-in-laws. :)
ReplyDelete