We had a girls day recently; I shall post on that soon hopefully.
While at this girls day, I was enjoying a good conversation with my smart and adorable niece Kailey.
While at this girls day, I was enjoying a good conversation with my smart and adorable niece Kailey.
It went something like this:
(exact wording may be off because I'm getting older by the day and don't remember things so well, but you should get the gist of it)
Me: The last time we had a girls day like this you were probably about Ammely's age. You were just a baby.
Kailey: That was before you were married?
Me: Yes. That was before I was married.
Kailey: I was five when you got married?
Me: No. How old are you now?
Kailey: Five.
Me: I've been married for three years. What is five minus three?
We count our fingers to find the answer.
Kailey: Two! I was two when you got married.
Me: Yes!
Kailey: Three years is a reeealllllllyyyyy long time!
Well, I feel like maybe her view of three years and my view of three years is slightly different, but there is some truth to what she says.
Three years IS a really long time.
And I don't think I should let our third anniversary go by without even mentioning it.
We've done a lot in three years.
We got hitched.
![]() |
| June 11, 2010 |
We moved away for a year to a state that doesn't house any of our family.
I graduated from college.
Ammon started a new career path.
We moved again - back to Arizona.
Ammon got a better paying job.
We got pregnant.
We moved in with my angel grandparents.
We bought a house.
We had a baby.
Ammon got an even better job closer to home.
We moved into our house.
![]() |
| Close as I have to a picture of our house finished - pretty sad, huh? |
We went to Disneyland!
Our baby had her first birthday!
Ammon turned a quarter of a century old.
And that's just the surface, chronological stuff!
We've also had a few tears and disagreements.
Countless laughs and smiles.
Hugs and kisses.
Miles and Memories.
Hard work and Hard Play.
And Prayers and Strengthening Moments.
We know each other better every day.
We love each other better every day.
We get a little better at...well, life, every day.
And I know Kailey is right when she says three years is a long time.
But I'm glad that three years is just the beginning for us.
I'm glad that three years will be but a tiny blip on the timeline of eternity.
I'm glad for all of the adventures that are still ahead.
And I"m glad for all the adventures that have planted us here, at our three year anniversary.
| This is the best we did for taking a picture on our anniversary. Pretty pathetic. We should have had the amazing Tamzon take our picture - but then, she did more than her share by taking in our Ammely for a few hours. |









Bre this post is perfect! I love you guys!
ReplyDeleteThis gave me warm fuzzies to read. :) I'm SO grateful Ammon has YOU Brelynn! You're absolutely perfect together. :)
ReplyDelete