Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Not Room Enough

I went grocery shopping today. I usually do not enjoy this particular chore. Especially because in these times and at this stage in life I often feel like the buck just doesn't stretch as far as I would like. When you add in trying to buy healthier versions of everything sometimes the cart (and fridge at home) can look a little thin. We're never struggling for meals or anything and we always have what we need...but, well, I guess I'm human. And I find myself wanting more.

However, something magical happened today.  I came home and unloaded groceries and do you know what happened?

I couldn't get them all into the fridge.

There was not room.

This has never happened to me.

My grapes shall have to sit out on the counter.

As this was happening I could not help but to hear this in my head:

"Bring ye all the atithes into the storehouse, that there may be bmeat in mine house, and cprove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not dopen you the ewindows of heaven, and pour you out a fblessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it."  - Malachi 3:10 and 3 Nephi 24:10 (emphasis added)

I'm just feeling blessed today. 

The Lord always keeps his promises.

I love when the fulfilling of those promises is so obvious. 

And I don't want to forget so I'm writing it down.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing, and for living your life that you are worthy to receive the blessings that are waiting. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job for recording moments like this in your "journal." It truly helps us see the Lord's Hand working in our lives when we take the time to acknowledge them and remember them. :)

    ReplyDelete