I am now 38 weeks pregnant and hoping this baby decides to walk out of the womb at any moment. However, since she has not decided to start that process yet I figure I might as well do a little catch up on this here blog. Maybe that's what's holding her back. She knows there are a few memories to document before they're totally dwarfed by her arrival. So baby girl, here we go.
Peaches
Our peach tree had it's very first fruit-bearing season at our house. And it actually produced! They were small...
...but delectable (the birds especially thought so...sigh).
Seriously some of the best peaches we ever tasted.
We're eagerly anticipating NEXT year already - there should be more and they should be bigger. YAY!
Memorial Day Weekend
This year Memorial Day weekend was looking to be a bit ordinary for us as Ammon had to work all weekend - Friday, Saturday AND Monday. Bleh.
But then the rare and unexpected happened and this not-so-exciting holiday weekend turned into a special treat.
Grandma AND Grandpa Breakall came into town to see us!
Do you know what happens when they BOTH come to town? TWICE the spoiling happens.
Truly.
This is what happened less than an hour after they landed on Arizona soil.
Yup, that is a brand new stuffed lion for the Ammely girl from her Grandpa Breakall (lions just happen to be her very favorite animal).
She loves this lion.
What is his name? Well, after a few minutes of brainstorming Grandpa and Ammely decided on Whiskers. Whiskers is now part of the family.
As if that wasn't enough, the very next day Grandpa took Ammely on an adventure of her very own.
| Note that Whiskers is nearby for this adventure. |
Ice cream. Dates with Grandpa are the best.
Was Ammely the only spoiled girl? Nope.
Look what a very wonderful Daddy saw on my wishlist and had sent right to my doorstep!
Isn't it the most beautifulest bed set in all the whole wide world? I just need to paint our room and it will be on the verge of perfect. I love this bed set. More every day.
PLUS, he fixed some bizzare issue our car blinker was having AND hung up our retractable extension cord for us.
We all love it when Grandpa comes to town.
I wish I had been better about documenting this weekend but I wasn't.
There were Spades tournaments for the men folk (I do believe that Ammon and Boyd took the "trophy" this time around).
There were days in Grandma and Grandpa's swimming pool.
There was shopping for the girls (in the which Grandma did MUCH spoiling for us too - especially for the little girl on the way).
There was a day at the cabin with Aunt Tammy and Uncle Patrick.
There was a BBQ at Mama and Daddy's (which fortunately other family members documented, thanks Belle!)
There were late night talks for me and my mom and Prisonbreak marathons for Ammon and Dad.
But the ONLY picture I took was this one (all the others were donated by Grandpa):
But I guess it pretty well shows how much we LOVE Grandma and Grandpa and how VERY glad we are that they came and spent some time with us.
Ammon's Weekend Off
Because Ammon worked the holiday, his office had the following Friday off instead. Not wanting to waste a long weekend, we decided to go exploring this state in search of an awesome camping/fishing destination.
So we headed to Greer.
The drive was long but enjoyable.
The destination was beautiful. Truly beautiful.
The fishing was terrible (Wrong bait? Bad luck? Bad spot? Who knows.)
The Ammely was...part angel, part devil. Perfect baby on the drive and at the campground. Little she-devil at the lakes.
This is my "What were we thinking? I'm 36 weeks pregnant and my first child is a terrible two year old" face.
She did have a few good moments at the water though.
Like when the shoreline was walking friendly and Daddy let her help with the fishing pole.
Or when she happened upon a pink dog leash someone else had lost.
The camping was...not so awesome.Even though our tent WAS awesome!
There was nowhere to pitch a tent without paying for it (Is that an Arizona thing? Or just that neck-of-the-woods?).
And we were in bear country. Which meant one sleepless night for the protector of the family.
In fact, it was about 3:30 a.m. and looked like this when we packed up camp for some peace of mind.
We waited by the lake for sunlight, ate some breakfast, tried some fishing, spotted some deer and then headed home. It was a long trip for such a short trip. Still, we were glad we did it even if we don't plan to return.
We just want to explore other parts of this beautiful state. You know, when I'm not so hugely pregnant.
Fourth Anniversary
Yesterday marked FOUR whole years of wedded bliss for Ammon and me. As in love as we are and as happy as we are to be together (which is, you know, like an impossible amount of a lot)...our anniversary did not have a lot going for it.
It was a Wednesday.
And we didn't even attempt to find a babysitter.
And I'm a mere two weeks from evicting another human from my body - not the most energetic or attractive state of my life.
So what did we do to conquer these challenges?
Well Ammon came home with delicious Mexican food from Casa de Mina for lunch.
And then we made reservations for home. (Thank you Dating Divas for this fabulous, last minute but perfect idea!)
One reserved couch, four lit candles in the living room, endless snacks and junk food, two delicious beverage options,several Netflix gems, one romantic letter from your husband plus three variants of ice cream treats equals a perfect, last minute, middle of the week, super pregnant anniversary.
We were made for each other.
That's a Wrap
And that about wraps up our recent adventures. To the little girl growing inside my womb - you can now come out and into the world. Our family, our home and our blog is ready for you.














Perfect. Simply perfect. You are my inspiration, summing up SO MUCH in just one post! :)
ReplyDeleteThat was great! LOTS of activities and happenings - and such great pictures! I told my mom that you headed out to do camping, and she was surprised that you would venture forth at this late date in your pregnancy. Kind of like the time I planned for our little family to spend a night in a tent in Bullhead City in the summer... Here's hoping these next 10 days fly by!
ReplyDeleteI don't think I know about this tent occasion in Bullhead City...I think I need to hear it! Sometimes pregnancy makes us do crazy things and sometimes we try to be our normal crazy despite the pregnancy. Ha!
DeleteNo. No you do not need to hear about Bullhead City. Belle still has nightmares about it. "...normal crazy despite pregnancy" HAHAHA! That sounds sooo familiar! Haha!
DeleteI was starting to feel awful about not remembering your anniversary so we could have offered to babysitt, but then you told the end of the story. And I suddenly felt okay about it all. ;)
ReplyDeleteSo glad little Lynnden is finally here!