Lately we have not been so good at taking pictures, writing down thoughts, or blogging. Hence, it is almost a month after Christmas and I am just now getting around to mentioning it.
Because it is so late and because I have basically no pictures, this post will be brief.
Suffice it to say that Christmas was wonderful. We got to spend loads of time with both of our families and were again spoiled rotten (or at least the baby was).
I DID want to brag on my sweet husband a little bit though.
There is a neat tradition that I have wanted to implement in our new little family. Instead of feeling any kind of pressure to get everyone in the family a million gifts, we instead give just three presents to each family member - plus a Santa gift/stocking when kiddos come our way. The three presents are symbolic of the three gifts that Christ received for his birth (the original Christmas). Each person gets:
One gift that is needful (like the myrhh, a common incence used for burial and cleaning and given in remembrance of Christ's humanity and the significance of his death)
One gift that is meaningful (like the frankincense, a temple incence that was given as a symbol of Christ's divinity)
One gift that is joyful (like the gold, given for a king)
I hope that this will somewhat simplify the gift giving and give our family more meaning and purpose to the gift giving as the years go by.
Ammon and I had agreed to implement this tradition NEXT year.
However, he completely came through and did all three for me THIS year.
Needful: A small, massaging pillow for my ever-aching, pregnant back.
Meaningful: A gorgeous nativity set that I had been desperately wanting.
Joyful: A Nook. Because anyone who knows me (and my hubby certainly does) knows that I love to read. By getting the Nook (which I did not know much about and did not ask for) I now essentially own Barnes and Noble when I'm there AND can download all kinds of wonderful things for FREE from the library and other places like the church website.
I was thoroughly suprised by his thoughtfulness and his ability to know exactly what I needed/wanted the most. Marriage is grand.
No comments:
Post a Comment