Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Baby Update!

We recently were able to go to yet another ultrasound appointment. We feel pretty lucky, we've been able to see this little girl of ours via ultrasound on several occasions. We're not sure if that is typical or not, but regardless we're grateful.

This appointment was due to a mild concern the doctor had from the previous in-depth utlrasound appointment. The first time around there was a shiny spot on the images of our little girl's stomach. I guess shiny spots are not a good thing to see in tissue-areas of the body and so the doctor suggested we take another look a bit later in the pregnancy.

At last, it was a bit later in the pregnancy. So we went to a really nice facility and had someone show us our little girl again. Not only was everything normal, but we got to see lots of images we hadn't seen before.

They showed us her beating heart (instead of just hearing it) as well as the blood flowing through her heart.
They told us they could see hair on her head (we couldn't see it, but they could).
We looked at her brain.
We could even see her eyes moving around when they held the ultrasound just right (which Ammon thought was particularly cool).
AND they did a few 3-d shots for us. Normally I think 3-d ultrasound pictures look creepy. Probably because she is my child though, I think these ones are adorable. We could see her little nose and eyes and feet and hands....well, take a look for yourself!








We're so grateful that this little girl is growing. That everything is normal. That she is staying inside her mama as long as she is. And now (as I'm typing this blog) I am 29 weeks pregnant, which means only 11 weeks to go (give or take a couple)!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm so glad everything's just fine! She looks gorgeous like her mama already! And is it just me, or do I see the Baysinger nose? :) hehe

    ReplyDelete