"Ssshhhhhh! Listen!" says Ammon.
"To what?" says Brelynn.
"I hear the ice cream truck."
With little to no hesitation he bounds down the stairs, headed outside to make all of his childhood dreams come true.
"Wait! Take Ammely! This is a good Dad moment," says I.
Ah, yes. Happiness.
Just look at those excited smiles!
And we sort of figured her smile would get bigger once she actually tried it.
Shows what we know.
Hmmm...maybe she'll like this one...
Maybe this one....
Hmm. Maybe she just needs options. Which one do you want Ammely?
"Uh...yes," she says.
I'd say by the looks of it she warmed up to it. Or maybe cooled down to it? Ah heck, let's just say she liked it eventually!
Thank heaven for Daddy's with good ears, open wallets and a special soft spot for ice cream.
Aw...what sweet memories!
ReplyDeleteI'll have to take a trip to your neighborhood soon to make that childhood dream come true for me & Rori. ;)
Childhood dreams, huh? Pretty sad when you have to get to age 25 before your can fulfill those dreams. (I'd say that says something sad about his parents!) Oh well! Glad he finally got it done!
ReplyDeleteOh, pish posh. I can personally vouch for Ammon having the best parents a boy could hope to have. And, as Belle says below, I don't think the "ice cream tractor" was rollin' around much where Ammon was growing up OR where I was growing up. My point is simply this - ice cream brings out the little kid in us. Especially when it comes cruisin' down our street!
DeleteOh whatever Mother. I'm quite sure if the ice cream tractor would have pulled up in our neighborhood you guys would have been all over that for us. ;)
ReplyDeleteAwesome post Bre! :)
love the pictures! ammely looks soo happy to have the ice cream. too cute!
ReplyDelete