Ammon had Good Friday off of work. A beautiful opportunity to do something extraordinary. Or at least to do something.
Our first few hours were ticking by.
What are we going to do today?
I don't know.
What do you want to do today?
I don't know.
Hey, what should we do today?
I'm not sure. What do you think?
Then at some point I said something like this:
Well, when I got up with Ammely this morning I was feeling super motivated and was like 'we should paint the kitchen.' It's probably too late to do something like that now.
No reaction. A little while later, Ammon: Let's paint the kitchen. Where's the painter's tape?
Next thing I know he's unscrewing face plates and taping off the trim. Awesome.
Here we go.
We'd bought paint for the kitchen within the first few weeks of buying the house. That was in August. We've had paint sample chips for several rooms in the house for just as long. This project was a long time coming.
And lookie there - paint on the wall! No going back now!...
...not even if you have a little one who will not be contained. She's found her independence and the high chair will only do for a little while. We cannot distract her with tortillas for long. But we'll take every distracted/contented moment we can get.
And then we will get creative. A chair barricade? Sure. Box her in (literally)? Definitely.
Can you see her trying to find her way out?
And she did. Several times. Over and over again we had to reinforce the prison walls.
Despite her efforts to thwart us, we continued to make progress.
Many long hours later, we at last had one wall complete. We stood back to take it in and decided that one wall was enough! Much more would be too dark for us in this space. The rest will have to wait until we paint the rest of our walls a lighter, neutral color.
So we took a deep breath, pulled back the tape...and...
perfection.
We can't get enough of it. We just keep looking at it. And looking at it. And loving it. And looking at it.
Slowly but surely our vision for this house is coming to life.
Turns out being grown up isn't all bad - we can play house...only now it's MORE fun.
Ooooooooo! Oh my! That wall is stunning! I LOVE it! I think you should do the oposite wall red as well! ;) It's just toooo delicious looking!
ReplyDelete