I was just sitting at the computer doing something terribly worthwhile, like perusing through the latest pins on Pinterest. Ammely was keeping herself entertained by rifling through our drawers. Not uncommonly she found the drawer with the crayons and before long the floor next to the computer looked like this:
The thought occurred to me that it won't be long before she knows what those little color sticks actually do...and the power she can wield with them. As such, I should probably find a new, more secretive location for them.
It also occurred to me that I haven't tried coloring with her since her birthday.
More or less absentmindedly I say, "Ammely, would you like to color in a coloring book?"
I continue to click through the pages on my screen.
When I turn around and look at her again, there she is with a coloring book, starting to color away.
Uh, wow.
She knows what a coloring book is? AND where they are located?
She is a smarty pants, isn't she?
I get on the floor and we spend the next several minutes handing each other crayons and making this masterpiece:
As we finish coloring, I turn around and see this scene:
And that's when the thought crosses my mind,
Oh yeah, she did empty out our second shelf last night.
Then I have a bit of an enlightening moment.
Maybe my baby isn't a genius. Maybe I am just incredibly lucky that the coloring books just happened to be the closest books to the crayon fest.
Maybe.
Only time will tell.
The thought occurred to me that it won't be long before she knows what those little color sticks actually do...and the power she can wield with them. As such, I should probably find a new, more secretive location for them.
It also occurred to me that I haven't tried coloring with her since her birthday.
More or less absentmindedly I say, "Ammely, would you like to color in a coloring book?"
I continue to click through the pages on my screen.
When I turn around and look at her again, there she is with a coloring book, starting to color away.
Uh, wow.
She knows what a coloring book is? AND where they are located?
She is a smarty pants, isn't she?
I get on the floor and we spend the next several minutes handing each other crayons and making this masterpiece:
As we finish coloring, I turn around and see this scene:
And that's when the thought crosses my mind,
Oh yeah, she did empty out our second shelf last night.
Then I have a bit of an enlightening moment.
Maybe my baby isn't a genius. Maybe I am just incredibly lucky that the coloring books just happened to be the closest books to the crayon fest.
Maybe.
Only time will tell.



She definitely knew which one was the coloring book! No doubt she is a Genius!! Grandma Knows!!!
ReplyDeleteWell, she has since then retrieved the coloring books several times, even off of the organized shelf. So Grandma may be right...she may be brilliant after all!
Delete