Most of the time our days are quite ordinary. It's maybe a little cleaning. A little eating. A little sleeping. A little TV. A little Pinterest. A little reading. Go to bed and do a little of everything again tomorrow.
Sometimes on those ordinary days though, I step back and tell myself that a little ordinary is most extraordinary.
We had one of those days recently.
It rained in the morning and the weather miraculously cooled to perfect for the entire day - long-sleeved shirts were had by all.
We had the windows and doors open all day long and the a/c never once turned on.
I did a little weed pulling - it was definitely time.
And Ammely looked so darn cute just playing outside in our dirt yard while I pulled weeds that I had to stop. I had to just watch her. I had to just enjoy the breeze. I had to grab the camera.
I love our ordinary days of making extraordinary memories.
Reminds me of this country song - and as cheesy as it is, I still love it:
Sometimes on those ordinary days though, I step back and tell myself that a little ordinary is most extraordinary.
We had one of those days recently.
It rained in the morning and the weather miraculously cooled to perfect for the entire day - long-sleeved shirts were had by all.
We had the windows and doors open all day long and the a/c never once turned on.
I did a little weed pulling - it was definitely time.
And Ammely looked so darn cute just playing outside in our dirt yard while I pulled weeds that I had to stop. I had to just watch her. I had to just enjoy the breeze. I had to grab the camera.
I love our ordinary days of making extraordinary memories.
Reminds me of this country song - and as cheesy as it is, I still love it:









I love good ol' country songs, ESPECIALLY ones with sweet (not cheesy) messages. This one was perfect! Plus I've never heard it before. What a treat-of-a-post! Thanks so much Bre. :)
ReplyDeletePS. I must know where you get your little girls' shoes....mine's going to be needing them soon, to play in our yard of dirt and weeds. ;P
I honestly have not purchased her a single pair of shoes yet. I either got them at my baby showers or from my mom - and my mom (to the best of my knowledge) has gotten all of them (except the sandals) at garage sales/second-hand stores. Her sandals came from Payless. :) Rori is SO close to walking - can't wait!
DeleteEnjoy each and every ordinary moment these are what become the best days of your life!!
ReplyDelete