Ammely was enjoying the new markers from Grandma and Grandpa Lords.
SO much fun.
The good news:
She's getting pretty good at "please."
The bad news:
I've learned that you're never paying as close attention as you think you are.
Obviously. Why wasn't this the first place I looked?
She heard me take her picture. So she turned around, poked her head out, said "Hiiiiii!" and gave me a big grin.
Like how to put on make-up all by yourself.
And how to take pictures with the camera...all by yourself.
SO much fun.
The good news:
She's getting pretty good at "please."
The bad news:
I've learned that you're never paying as close attention as you think you are.
---
I'm laying down next to Ammely as I'm trying to put her down for a nap.
Me, singing: "I am a child of God...."
Ammely looking at me with a cute smile.
Me: "And he has sent me here..."
Ammely winds up and smacks me across the face.
I take a hold of her face so that she has no choice but to look at me and hear my very stern lecture.
Me, very upset: "Ammely that was NOT nice. That was mean. It is not okay to hit. That hurt mommy. Did you WANT to hurt mommy?"
Ammely, after only a bit of hesitating and with much sincerity and innocence: "Ummm...yeah!"
Me: Too busy laughing to continue with this particular learning moment.
---
So there I was cleaning a bit upstairs when I realize I haven't seen Ammely in a few minutes.
Where did Ammely go?
"Ammely!"
I search through a few rooms.
From our bathroom I hear a bit of a rustle, rustle.
I happen upon this scene:
Obviously. Why wasn't this the first place I looked?
She heard me take her picture. So she turned around, poked her head out, said "Hiiiiii!" and gave me a big grin.
---
Sometimes, you just work too hard. It's okay to take a little cat-nap on the job every now and then. Right?
---
We had a big day of learning important girl skills.Like how to put on make-up all by yourself.
And how to take pictures with the camera...all by yourself.
![]() |
| In case you can't tell - this is me. A great shot right? It's the baby bump, nicely clothed in overalls. Ha! |



.jpg)


Yay for toddlers and everyday joys of parenthood! :P The scribbled walls and messy rooms are definitely paid for in-full by the adorable smiles and silly things they say. Love it that you shared! ;D
ReplyDeleteI never got pictures of the walls at my house with crayon and pencil and holes from the screw driver. Glad you're being vigilant and sharing!
ReplyDelete