Our baby is not a baby anymore - she's officially a two-year old. I can hardly believe how grown up she's gotten in such a short time. This post is to show you her two-year old pictures. More than that though, I'd like to write down a few of the things she's been up to so that they're recorded somewhere. I'm not so good at journaling anymore and my memory is terrible! (What time was she born? How long was she? I SERIOUSLY could not remember these things).
First Word: "Thank You" which sounds more like "Gonk Goo"
First Sentence: "Uh-oh, where baby go?" (In search of her baby doll)
She recently has thrown on the name at the end of saying thank you. "Gonk goo Mommy" "Gonk Goo Dada" - it melts my heart every time.
She calls her Grandmas "Ba Ba"
She is showing signs of becoming a clean-freak. She gets very upset when her hands are dirty "Hands! Dirty!" and won't be content until we wash her up. She also likes to place her toys in a neat row while she is playing with them and is usually very eager to help clean up her toys when we're done playing (putting everything in its very proper place). While taking her two-year old pictures there were some boxes they used as props (see the last few pictures below). She unstacked them and laid them out in a neat row. After she had opened one, she would not do anything else for us until the lid was securely back on top - something she needed help with.
She loves to be outside. More than anyone I know. Her very favorite things to do are to help Daddy water the trees and to go to the park and swing.
She knows many of her letters by sight and can pick them out in a book or with her puzzles/magnets.
She knows most of her colors (yellow and purple are her favorite, green she refuses to say).
Her favorite shape is a circle "girkle"
She has always loved music and has been dancing enthusiastically for months. However, she has also recently started to sing. She is quite good at Frozen's "Let it Go" and the old time favorite "Ginkle Ginkle Ginkle" more commonly known as "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star."
She loves to play the piano with Daddy.
She likes to help Mommy sweep the kitchen.
She likes to help Mommy push the button - on the dishwasher and washing machine/dryer especially.
She LOVES to color. She wants to color all of the time. With anything. And anywhere. I've become much smarter the past few months on how and where to store her colors and now that there are no surprises (on doors and walls) I love to let her color.
We still go in phases of good and bad when it comes to getting her to eat much. She'll go days where she eats great (just the other day she ate THREE hot dogs in one sitting). Then she'll go a few more days where I can hardly get anything into her. Most of the time I don't worry. I know she is tiny for her age, but so was I. And her clothes and shoes tell me that she IS growing.
Her favorite foods are popcorn, ice cream, cheese, sweet pickles, applesauce and cereal.
Her favorite shows are Barney, Baby Einstein and Care Bears.
The first movie she sat through in the theater was Frozen when we saw it the second time (it was me, Ammon and Ammely).
She loves her cousins...even though she is still learning how to share and play nice with others. She is very happy to run around with the other kids and asks for them often. And she eats better when she them eating.
She is becoming quite sensitive - she will get sad and need hugs if there is a sad part in a show (like when Mufasa dies on The Lion King or when Anna freezes at the end of Frozen?
She likes to be in the water - bath, shower or pool.
She has many hand gestures to go with her animal noises - like snapping her forefinger and thumb together for "tweet tweets" (birds) or holding her hand to her mouth while she makes the elephant sound. Her favorite animal is the Lion.
She has started to say a few things in Russian without prompting - something that makes her Daddy very happy. She will ask him to get down in Russian and just yesterday she asked him for a drink in Russian.
She has an impressive tolerance for sour things - she likes sour candies and really enjoys things with a strong vinegar flavor.
She FINALLY sleeps in her own room the whole night through. No more Ammely on our bed or floor at 2 in the morning. For both nap times and bedtimes we can at last just lay her in her bed and wave good bye to her. She is an angel and I love it. I truly think switching her to a big girl bed in a brand new room made all of the difference for her.
We've started coaching her through her own prayers at night. It is precious. She is precious.
I sure love this girl of mine and love being her Mommy. She keeps me on my toes and brings me more joyful moments than I could have ever imagined.
Here she is in all of her two-year old glory:
First Word: "Thank You" which sounds more like "Gonk Goo"
First Sentence: "Uh-oh, where baby go?" (In search of her baby doll)
She recently has thrown on the name at the end of saying thank you. "Gonk goo Mommy" "Gonk Goo Dada" - it melts my heart every time.
She calls her Grandmas "Ba Ba"
She is showing signs of becoming a clean-freak. She gets very upset when her hands are dirty "Hands! Dirty!" and won't be content until we wash her up. She also likes to place her toys in a neat row while she is playing with them and is usually very eager to help clean up her toys when we're done playing (putting everything in its very proper place). While taking her two-year old pictures there were some boxes they used as props (see the last few pictures below). She unstacked them and laid them out in a neat row. After she had opened one, she would not do anything else for us until the lid was securely back on top - something she needed help with.
She loves to be outside. More than anyone I know. Her very favorite things to do are to help Daddy water the trees and to go to the park and swing.
She knows many of her letters by sight and can pick them out in a book or with her puzzles/magnets.
She knows most of her colors (yellow and purple are her favorite, green she refuses to say).
Her favorite shape is a circle "girkle"
She has always loved music and has been dancing enthusiastically for months. However, she has also recently started to sing. She is quite good at Frozen's "Let it Go" and the old time favorite "Ginkle Ginkle Ginkle" more commonly known as "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star."
She loves to play the piano with Daddy.
She likes to help Mommy sweep the kitchen.
She likes to help Mommy push the button - on the dishwasher and washing machine/dryer especially.
She LOVES to color. She wants to color all of the time. With anything. And anywhere. I've become much smarter the past few months on how and where to store her colors and now that there are no surprises (on doors and walls) I love to let her color.
We still go in phases of good and bad when it comes to getting her to eat much. She'll go days where she eats great (just the other day she ate THREE hot dogs in one sitting). Then she'll go a few more days where I can hardly get anything into her. Most of the time I don't worry. I know she is tiny for her age, but so was I. And her clothes and shoes tell me that she IS growing.
Her favorite foods are popcorn, ice cream, cheese, sweet pickles, applesauce and cereal.
Her favorite shows are Barney, Baby Einstein and Care Bears.
The first movie she sat through in the theater was Frozen when we saw it the second time (it was me, Ammon and Ammely).
She loves her cousins...even though she is still learning how to share and play nice with others. She is very happy to run around with the other kids and asks for them often. And she eats better when she them eating.
She is becoming quite sensitive - she will get sad and need hugs if there is a sad part in a show (like when Mufasa dies on The Lion King or when Anna freezes at the end of Frozen?
She likes to be in the water - bath, shower or pool.
She has many hand gestures to go with her animal noises - like snapping her forefinger and thumb together for "tweet tweets" (birds) or holding her hand to her mouth while she makes the elephant sound. Her favorite animal is the Lion.
She has started to say a few things in Russian without prompting - something that makes her Daddy very happy. She will ask him to get down in Russian and just yesterday she asked him for a drink in Russian.
She has an impressive tolerance for sour things - she likes sour candies and really enjoys things with a strong vinegar flavor.
She FINALLY sleeps in her own room the whole night through. No more Ammely on our bed or floor at 2 in the morning. For both nap times and bedtimes we can at last just lay her in her bed and wave good bye to her. She is an angel and I love it. I truly think switching her to a big girl bed in a brand new room made all of the difference for her.
We've started coaching her through her own prayers at night. It is precious. She is precious.
I sure love this girl of mine and love being her Mommy. She keeps me on my toes and brings me more joyful moments than I could have ever imagined.
Here she is in all of her two-year old glory:
I sure that girl of yours too!!! Thank You for this very sweet blog it just melted my heart!! Thank You for being such a Great Mom and Ammon for being such a Great Dad to this Amazing Little Girl!! I Love watching you all grow into such a precious family!!!!
ReplyDeleteBre, you are so good at going and getting pictures taken! They're always so cute! These ones are no exception! ;)
ReplyDelete