There have been many suprises for me as I have passed through some of the joys of pregnancy. Just a few examples:
Morning sickness - not a myth. Not limited to the morning. Not limited to the first trimester.
Stretch marks? - Sure, everywhere except my expanding tummy. Never understood that before pregnancy and I still do not understand that.
Having a moving baby inside can be like having a built-in tickle machine.
One of the more recent suprises for me though is the way people interpret my size. I did not expect so many people to be so willing to comment on how large I am or am not getting. -- That being said, nobody has said anything offensive in the least. I'm simply commenting that I had not expected this.
However, since people DO comment on these things, I would expect some consistency. Again, I am wrong.
Allow me to explain. The other day at work I was with a patient (I work in an optometry office). This patient kindly asked when I was due and when I said "April 2nd" this patient responded with something like "Wow, that's so close and you're still so tiny!"
The NEXT patient again asked me when I was due. Upon finding out, this patient gave a little laugh and said something along the lines of "Oh dear! All the way to April? Where is it going to go?"
So which is it people?! Am I huge? Am I tiny?
Well, I feel huge. But I think that's normal. As far as I've been able to determine, no pregnant girl feels tiny (dainty, lady-like, etc).
Regardless, I'm grateful for all of these suprises. They make life interesting and mean that I've been blessed in a big way.
hahaha Reminds me of the time I was standing there talking to a couple of ladies at church and another pregnant woman walked up. The other two immediately started commenting on how great this girl looked pregnant. They kind of paused...glanced at me and my eight-month pregnant belly...and continued on in the conversation. :D AWWWKWARRRRD!!!! HAHAHA!!! I felt kind of bad for them though, not for myself, and vowed that hereafter if I was ever speaking with two preggers at once, I would tell them they BOTH looked "SOOOOO good!!!" HAHAHAHA
ReplyDelete