This meant that Ammely FINALLY got to meet her Grandpa Breakall, or "Gampy Bakeall" as we've been calling him.
It was love at first sight for the both of them.
Seriously, they were very comfortable together. Very.
The same can be said for her Uncle Jared.
It was so wonderful to have my whole family here. It just fills my heart up when we're all together. I hate that we're all so far apart. But so is life and really we're quite blessed with all of today's technologies that we can see eachother and talk to eachother as much as we do.
The bishop was kind enough to let us do the blessing in Sacrament Meeting even though it was not a fast Sunday. So Sunday morning Ammon got his little angel ready for their special moment.
The blessing itself went beautifully. I saw a quote the other day that said something like
"I never knew how much I loved your father,
until I saw how much he loved you."
That basically sums up my feelings for her blessing day. I know she was the one getting a blessing but I felt blessed. I don't think there is anything of greater worth to me in my life than knowing that I am married to a man who holds the priesthood worthily. That he can lead our family to our eternal goals and has the authority to bless our family as he righteously does so.Another wonderful part of any blessing day is getting to spend the afternoon with so many loved ones. We had SOO many people come to share in Ammely's special moment, we are truly blessed.
Here are a few pictures of a few of the people who were there. I've already had one of those moments as a mom where you go "Darn it! I wanted pictures of such and such and forgot!" Thus, I do not have pictures of everyone who came. In fact, I have pictures of only a few. At least I have some pictures though.
| Uncle Jared, Mommy, Ammely, Daddy, Grandpa Breakall, Grandma Breakall |
| Grandma Breakall and Ammely |
| "Uncle" Rocky and Ammely |
| Uncle JT, Ammely, Grandpa Breakall |
| Grandma Baysinger, Ammely, Great-Grandma Lords |
| Janey - this sweet woman has done so much for our little family. Among the MANY things she has done is give us this beautiful blessing dress for our daughter. |
| Great-grandpa Lords, Uncle Jared, Cousin Tyler, Ammely, Daddy, Uncle Boyd, Grandpa Breakall We're missing Grandpa Baysinger, Uncle Kent, Uncle Royal, Uncle JT and Uncle Gage. |
As I said, everything went beautifully. Ammely was well-behaved. Ammon blessed her eloquently and correctly. Family and friends joined with us. So many contributed to the good food and good conversation.
I'm so grateful. Grateful to everyone who came. Grateful that the bishop allowed us to do this while my family was in town. Grateful for a wonderful husband who could do this special thing for our little girl.
Grateful that him and her were able to share the moment and bond even closer together. There is something extra sweet about Daddy-daugher relationships.
And grateful for this sweet little spirit who has enriched our family so greatly already.
No comments:
Post a Comment