Long before Miss Ammely was born, Ammon and I had decided on a costume idea for the whole family. This idea was supposed to motivate Ammon and me to work out like maniacs, eat like rabbits and obtain the super hot bodies we've always dreamed of.
Well, we were only sort of dedicated.
We do NOT have the super hot bodies we've always dreamed of.
So we ashamedly turned to Plan B. (Which, in fact, had never been put in place and resulted in us once again scrambling about at the last minute).
However, as fate would have it, I stumbled across this beauty of a baby costume:
Adorable, yes?
Additionally, my mind flitted back about a year to this scene:
Can you believe it's been just about a year since we found out that "it's a girl!"?! My oh my how the time goes by. So I say to myself "This is PERFECT." Only now is the irony of this costume also occuring to me. Perhaps it was those cupcake moments in our lives that prevented us from executing Plan A. Oh well.
This idea is pretty sweet too. Pun intended.
The question then became - how do we turn this into a family ensemble?
No, we don't all want to be cupcakes.
(Picture Ammon in a cupcake costume. It made you smile, maybe even laugh, didn't it? You're welcome for that).
No, we don't really wanna be bakers.
Maybe we could be ingredients?
Yes. We can be the ingredients.
Afterall, we were the ingredients for our little cupcake in real life.
So we had these shirts whipped up:
Perfect, yes?
And how cute does SHE look?
She's the cutest cupcake that I have ever seen.
So for the family Halloween party we donned our outfits and headed to Boyd and Amber's house. Always a great time. Great company. Great food. Great costumes.
Did I mention great food? Ammely thought I should mention it again. Afterall, Aunt Amber did manage to sneak in a bit of spoiling. Chocolate pudding with oreos? Oh yes, that just happened.
She doesn't seem too upset by this, does she?
I know, I know - you're wondering why she doesn't look like a cupcake anymore.
Answer: She's 6 months old. She was hot. She was sick. She was a bit on the cranky side.
I was slightly prepared for just such an occasion. If you will note, she is still in cupcake glory.
Sadly, we did not take any pictures of all three of us in our costumes. In fact, we didn't get a single shot of Ammon or me in our shirts.
However, someone else did. Thank heaven for family.
For that, you will have to check out Belle's amazing blog post about Halloween this year.
Here is to hoping that your Halloween was as sweet as ours!
Semi-related sidenote:
Due to sad school schedules and minor sicknesses, we weren't able to go anywhere ON Halloween day; however, Ammely was still festive in this little number. The coolest part? The skeleton glows in the dark!
She is actually sleeping in this picture. She doesn't always fully close her eyes - she gets that from her daddy. The odd position? She fell asleep on me and didn't move a muscle when I put her down, haha.






I know you know this, but Ammely's smile is totally to die for! I love it! :)
ReplyDeleteOh and I HAVE to get me some Halloween PJ's like that! I am so on the lookout now!