We have been taught that happiness in family is most likely achieved by building the foundation of your family on certain principles. One of those principles is wholesome recreational activities. I absolutely love when such an activity presents itself. With full school and work schedules, it seems that most often in order to unwind or spend time together, Ammon and I sit down and watch a movie or a favorite television show. That's not a bad thing. Still, we often wish we made a bigger effort to find something else to do. To spend better, more quality time together as a family.
So when Belle and Kent informed us of the Walk MS event taking place in Phoenix, I was pretty excited and hopeful that our little family would be able to join in. This event would allow us to take a 5-mile morning walk through the zoo and botanical gardens. And - *bonus*- if the group as a whole made a sufficient donation, each member would get admission to the zoo for the rest of the day! Awesome! So much amazingness and all for a good cause.
Wholesome: check.
Recreational: check.
Activity: check.
And-*bonus again*- we went with some of our most favorite people!
The three of us were able to join Ammon's parents, my mom, our Aunt Sue, our sister and brother-in-law Belle and Kent and their three adventurers (Daniel, Levi and Samuel).
It was a blast! Belle and Kent have done this in previous years and I am soooo glad that they invite others along. The morning was gorgeous and I just don't think anything could have made this occasion any better.
The crew:
Ready to roll:
The Metcalfs:
The guys (just look at those smiles):
The cousins (again, just look at those smiles):
My sweet little family:
We weren't the only ones having fun at this event:
And on to the zoo!
What could be better than the zoo? Well, at 7 months old, maybe grandma time. With both grandmas. And snacks. And juice. Grandmas, snacks, juice. At the zoo. Life. Is. Good.
Oh, and cousin time! Cousin time is good! In the big-kid stroller.
| Samuel: Do you mind if I just stretch out a little up here? |
| Ammely: Not if you don't mind me stretching out a little down here! |
And what is the best way to wrap up a day at the zoo? Falling asleep on Daddy.

Perfect depiction of a perfect walk! I was SOOOOOOO excited and thrilled that you all went with us! It was so fun having your mom there too! Those pictures with Samuel and Ammely are hilar! :) He's such a giant, and she's so petite!hahaha
ReplyDelete