Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

It's Always Fun For Everyone, When Grandma Comes

Grandma Breakall came to visit! She was only here for a weekend, but boy oh boy was I glad to see her!
 When Grandma comes a world of fun opens up! She takes me shopping. And gives me snacks that Mommy won't give me (Frost's gelato, Paradise Bakery's chicken stew, etc).

She reads me books.

 She even let me help scope out the best deals at the best garage sales!

And she went on a few adventures with my family - a 5 mile walk for MS (more on that later).

And my first trip to the zoo. And she let me play in the foyer at church on Sunday.
I'm telling you all, there is no limit to the fun I have when Grandma comes!
And it just gets better every time.

This was especially better than the last time Grandma Breakall came to town. I mean, it started out good and all.

We did the usual shopping and snacks. We had some new adventures too.
We dyed Mommy's hair for the first time in her life. We visited the Mesa temple.

We even painted my room!

But then Mommy ruined everything with a UTI that went from bad to worse. They tell me she had a kidney infection. I don't even know what a kidney is. I don't know what an infection is either.

What I do know is that Mommy was gone for 3 days in some place called a hospital.
Grandma stayed with me while Daddy stayed with Mommy. I had to have a bottle before bed. I don't do bottles. I eat with mommy.

Thank goodness Grandma was patient with me. I was not happy. If I'm going to take a bottle, it's got to be hot. It's got to have juice in it. And it's got to be after you've made it very clear that Mommy is not an option.

But Grandma learned. And I survived.

And now Mommy is healthy again and Grandma's visits are 100% fun - as they should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment