How did that first week of adjusting to another child in the house go? Well, I'm glad you asked.
At first I was thinking, "What could be better than a brand new baby sister?"
But it didn't take long before I realized that even though she's cute...
...she mostly just sleeps...
...and cries...
....and takes up a whole lotta attention.
I needed to reassess my initial thinking.
What could be better than a brand new baby sister in my home?
Hmmm...I know! Grandma staying in my home!
We could get ice cream.
We could make cookies.
We could have play dates...
We could send Mommy and Daddy off to see Maleficent and eat at Red Lobster while we go to more play dates AND go swimming...
We could have cousin time and have BOTH of my grandmas in one place...

And every so often we'll check in on the little one so that she know who I am...
It was a very good plan.
So how was the first week with a new baby at home?
Not too bad.
Not too bad at all.
At first I was thinking, "What could be better than a brand new baby sister?"
But it didn't take long before I realized that even though she's cute...
...she mostly just sleeps...
...and cries...
....and takes up a whole lotta attention.
I needed to reassess my initial thinking.
What could be better than a brand new baby sister in my home?
Hmmm...I know! Grandma staying in my home!
We could get ice cream.
We could make cookies.
We could have play dates...
We could send Mommy and Daddy off to see Maleficent and eat at Red Lobster while we go to more play dates AND go swimming...
We could have cousin time and have BOTH of my grandmas in one place...

We could even go to the circus - with memories to last us a lifetime (and souvenirs to last us a few months if we're lucky)!
It was a very good plan.
So how was the first week with a new baby at home?
Not too bad.
Not too bad at all.



























No comments:
Post a Comment