Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

What a Blessing

One of my favorite things about the gospel is knowing about and utilizing the power of the priesthood, particularly in priesthood blessings. What a merciful and wondrous thing it is that God has given us the ability to call upon his powers for our own particular needs. This has worked miracles in my life.

One of my favorite things about being a mom is baby blessing day. At least for me it is one day in the middle of the newborn chaos where I get to really step back and get some perspective. I'm reminded of the glory of motherhood. I'm reminded of the glory of righteous priesthood holders. I'm granted some insight into the person my child really is. I'm given a full heart and an extra measure of love for my little one. I get to sit and welcome the Spirit into my heart as my baby is officially given a name and a few extra blessings to carry throughout life. After the tribulations of pregnancy, birth and newborn insomnia, this moment is sweet. This moment is precious.

Lynnden's special day was Sunday, August 3rd. 

She was beautiful. 



She was mild mannered for the first day in her whole life...that was a tender mercy all on its own.

And Ammon gave a particularly sweet blessing to our newest angel. I love him for that. And she will too.

We had SO many wonderful men able and willing to stand in and take part in her blessing.
Left to Right: Uncle Boyd, Grandpa Baysinger, Uncle Jared, Uncle Kent, Daddy, Grandpa Breakall, Grandpa Lords, "Uncle" Tyler.
A few special mentions here.

Uncle JT was also at the blessing, but his own little newborn kept the Olmsteads at home for the celebration and picture-taking portion of the day. SO glad they were there for the important part though.

Also, my dad was there! (Obviously, he's in the picture). However, it was NOT an obvious thing to me at all. He wasn't able to make it. Or so he said beforehand. I was never so happy to have someone unexpectedly open my front door and walk into my house unannounced. Thank you Dad for being here! It made a special day even MORE special.

And we had a HUGE turnout of truly magnificent people there to hear her blessing and celebrate with Root Beer Floats afterwards. As usual, I wish I had taken more pictures as proof.

But here are the couple that I did manage to get.
Charis
Kailey and Lynnden
Samuel - this kid makes me smile so much. SO much.
Aunt Tammy
Ammely and Jenn
Lynnden and Holly
Rocky and Lynnden
Uncle Jared and Lynnden
Grandma Baysinger and Lynnden
 Lynnden has always been especially good for Grandma - a special love here.
And that doesn't even begin to cover everybody that was there! Truly, we are SO thankful for every single person that made the effort to be there.

Also worth a special viewing is this shot:

This is Grandma Marlynn and Grandma Dena with Lynnden - our two wonderful mothers who inspired our little girl's name. SO glad we have this picture on this day especially.

It was a perfect day. 


What a blessing.

2 comments:

  1. What a Blessing Indeed! Nothing more touching than to have so many amazing friends and loving family travel to be apart of this special day! I am truly honored to have my name paired with such a righteous and beautiful woman to be the namesake for this precious daughter of our Heavenly Father, and of course some pretty amazing earthly ones too! Love your sweet little family so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE all your pictures! Love the pic of Kailey holding Lynnden...so sweet! That is SUCH a goofy picture of Samuel. Hahaha! Love the grandma pics! And of course the last one is a favorite as well. ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete