Lynnden is swinging in her swing and Ammely is playing with her toys. I step out to the garage for a minute and when I come back in Lynnden is crying. Before I do anything Ammely rushes over to her and begins to reason with her.
Ammely: "Lynnden, you don't have to be crying. You don't have to be sad. You can choose to be happy!"
She then plops Lynnden's pacifier into Lynnden's mouth and goes back to play.
Hmmm. Maybe I should let Ammely do all of my parenting. She's pretty good.
Ammon and I have been enjoying Agents of Shield on Netflix. We love our Netflix. Maybe more than we should.
Last night we were watching an episode and our girls were downstairs with us. Ammely was crawling all over my couch and pulling on me and constantly yammering away at me. After several minutes of her tugging on me and trying to get my attention, I lost my patience with her.
Me: "Ammely! I am watching this right now. I am not listening to you!"
Her face falls and she looks sad.
Guilt seeps into my soul.
Sigh.
Me: "What is it? What do you need?"
Ammely: "I want to sing Child of God!"
Oh.
Shoot.
I. Am. A. Terrible. Mother.
She does know the song though! Here's the proof!
Ammely: "Lynnden, you don't have to be crying. You don't have to be sad. You can choose to be happy!"
She then plops Lynnden's pacifier into Lynnden's mouth and goes back to play.
Hmmm. Maybe I should let Ammely do all of my parenting. She's pretty good.
- - -
Ammon and I have been enjoying Agents of Shield on Netflix. We love our Netflix. Maybe more than we should.
Last night we were watching an episode and our girls were downstairs with us. Ammely was crawling all over my couch and pulling on me and constantly yammering away at me. After several minutes of her tugging on me and trying to get my attention, I lost my patience with her.
Me: "Ammely! I am watching this right now. I am not listening to you!"
Her face falls and she looks sad.
Guilt seeps into my soul.
Sigh.
Me: "What is it? What do you need?"
Ammely: "I want to sing Child of God!"
Oh.
Shoot.
I. Am. A. Terrible. Mother.
She does know the song though! Here's the proof!
I feel like I do this far too often as well. This is an area that I need to work on along with all the other millions things that have to be done/improved upon. It's a good thing we can start fresh everyday. Thanks for being a good example for me. I love you!
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I was thinking that Ammely had done something untoward to Lynnden and was then trying to reason her out of being upset about it. LOL Still the funnier scenario to me...I think I'll tell that version to myself every time I replay it in my mind.
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm so glad you do the same things I do. It humanizes you to me. ;) This one will seriously make me giggle for a few days though. hahaha
Awwwwwwwwwwwww! She can SING! (i had to lean waaaaaaaaay in to my monitor to hear her, but she can SING!)
ReplyDeleteIt was so sweet to hear! Thanks for sharing! :D