We recently went on vacation. As a family of adults. And it was A-MAZ-ING.
So amazing, in fact, I almost fear to document it lest I don't do it justice.
But I don't want it to go without note either, so here we go.
Friday, August 3rd came around and we pulled up to Mama and Daddy's house to see the fleet of Tacoma's ready to roll.
So we packed it up. We said bye-bye to all of our babies. And we rolled out - walkie-talkies in hand.
Young, Arizona, here we come!
And let me tell you this much - it wasn't the Phoenix desert. Just look at all that green.
It is no easy feat to escape the stifling heat of the desert - thankfully our chariots were up to the task. And do you know why it is so green here? Because of this little thing called precipitation - more commonly referred to as rain. Rain happens in other parts of the world - greener parts of the world.
We made it over the dirt, through the winding roads and through the running creek beds.We made it through the rain and arrived here - Cherry Creek Lodge. A little bit of heaven on Earth.
Even in the rain.
Fortunately, it didn't rain long and we were able to get settled in quickly. There was so much to do and I think we just about did it all.
Again, for fear of ruining a wonderful memory, I think I will let the pictures speak for themselves as much as possible.
Figuring out how to match man-power for man-power.
Fishing galore.
Horseback riding. A beautiful 2-hour ride that left me thinking I'd never walk again.
The men went shot-gun shooting (of which, I have no pictures) and we ladies had a bit of nail pampering time.
More fishing galore.
Amber on Fishing Round 1
Amber on Fishing Round 2
There was even time for a little flirting, a little romance, a little couple time...
Of course not everyone was so lucky in love:
It was three days and two nights of pure enjoyment. And there were plenty of things I couldn't or didn't capture on camera.
Like the amazing breakfasts that Holly made for us. Or the equally delicious lunches and dinners that Belle and Kent prepared for everybody.
Or the taste of the homemade chocolate ice cream that Kent brought into existence.
Or the shooting stars at night.
Or the time to talk and laugh as adults without little ones tugging at your leg or needing love and attention.
Or the laughing while playing board games late into the night.
Or the brother-talk after lights-out.
Or the sound of roosters in the morning.
Or the rainbows over the mountaintops.
Or the birds flying overhead on a horseback ride.
There was only one thing missing...
...maybe it'll work for him next time.
We can't thank Belle and Kent enough for knowing about this place, for planning this trip, for making every detail perfect. It was wonderful. It was exactly our cup of tea...you know, if we drank tea.
So amazing, in fact, I almost fear to document it lest I don't do it justice.
But I don't want it to go without note either, so here we go.
Friday, August 3rd came around and we pulled up to Mama and Daddy's house to see the fleet of Tacoma's ready to roll.
So we packed it up. We said bye-bye to all of our babies. And we rolled out - walkie-talkies in hand.
Young, Arizona, here we come!
And let me tell you this much - it wasn't the Phoenix desert. Just look at all that green.
It is no easy feat to escape the stifling heat of the desert - thankfully our chariots were up to the task. And do you know why it is so green here? Because of this little thing called precipitation - more commonly referred to as rain. Rain happens in other parts of the world - greener parts of the world.
We made it over the dirt, through the winding roads and through the running creek beds.We made it through the rain and arrived here - Cherry Creek Lodge. A little bit of heaven on Earth.
Even in the rain.
Fortunately, it didn't rain long and we were able to get settled in quickly. There was so much to do and I think we just about did it all.
Again, for fear of ruining a wonderful memory, I think I will let the pictures speak for themselves as much as possible.
| Games Galore |
| Fishing-Prep |
| Paddle-boats |
| Races and Chasing |
Figuring out how to match man-power for man-power.
Fishing galore.
Horseback riding. A beautiful 2-hour ride that left me thinking I'd never walk again.
The men went shot-gun shooting (of which, I have no pictures) and we ladies had a bit of nail pampering time.
More fishing galore.
Amber on Fishing Round 2
There was even time for a little flirting, a little romance, a little couple time...
Of course not everyone was so lucky in love:
![]() |
| Sorry puppy, you're just flat out of luck. JT is already taken. And he needs his fuel to take care of his lovely lady. |
It was three days and two nights of pure enjoyment. And there were plenty of things I couldn't or didn't capture on camera.
Like the amazing breakfasts that Holly made for us. Or the equally delicious lunches and dinners that Belle and Kent prepared for everybody.
Or the taste of the homemade chocolate ice cream that Kent brought into existence.
Or the shooting stars at night.
Or the time to talk and laugh as adults without little ones tugging at your leg or needing love and attention.
Or the laughing while playing board games late into the night.
Or the brother-talk after lights-out.
Or the sound of roosters in the morning.
Or the rainbows over the mountaintops.
Or the birds flying overhead on a horseback ride.
There was only one thing missing...
![]() |
| Shafer |
We can't thank Belle and Kent enough for knowing about this place, for planning this trip, for making every detail perfect. It was wonderful. It was exactly our cup of tea...you know, if we drank tea.
+of+IMG_7087+2.jpg)
+of+IMG_7092+2.jpg)








This post was perfect! Wonderful! Exactly OUR cup of tea! ;)
ReplyDeleteIt was all there - your write-up & pictures were just right. You captured the feel of our trip! Thank you for adding Shafer!
ReplyDelete